More sites from BookTrust
Inspiring a love of books at whatever age or stage of your life.
- With news, book reviews, booklists, author interviews, blogs, resources, competitions and quizzes about children's, teens, young adult and adult books
- Specialist areas for translated fiction, short stories, picture books, graphic novels and poetry
- Find a book for yourself, your family or friends with our themed bookfinder
- Join our online writer in residence and develop your own writing skills with the help of our writing guides before submitting your work to one of the short story competitions or magazines we list.
- Read about our bookgifting programmes, projects and campaigns
- Use our resource finder to discover a large range of downloadable and interactive resources for all ages, now incorporating all our resources for teachers including Children's Book Week
- Explore our Bookmark web resource to find information, books and advice relating to disability and children's books
- Find out about the prizes we manage
Information and resources for Bookstart, a Book Trust programme that gives free packs of books to babies and toddlers in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Book pack information
- Guidance on reading with your child
- Events map
- Downloadable activity sheets and other resources
- Join the Bookstart Bear Club for presonalised book recommendations for your children, wishlists and reading journey records, reward certificates and Bookstart Bear Club games.
A Book Trust programme that aims to give a free book to every child starting secondary school in England.
- Book information
- Message boards
- Games and competitions
- Resources for teachers and librarians
A Book Trust programme, in partnership with the University of Leicester, which aims to provide enjoyable educational support for looked-after children aged 7-13. Available on a subscription basis. Each child enrolled by participating local authorities is sent a parcel of books, maths activities, stationery and other materials once every month for six months, from May to October.
Pori Drwy Stori
A Book Trust Wales programme for four- to five-year-olds, funded by the Welsh Government, to support literacy in the foundation phase. All children in maintained Welsh primary schools are eligible for the programme automatically.
- Dual language in English and Welsh
The role of Children's Laureate is awarded once every two years to an eminent writer or illustrator of children's books to celebrate outstanding achievement in their field. The current Children's Laureate is Malorie Blackman. The Children's Laureate is managed by Book Trust, working closely with the Children's Laureate Steering Committee.
- Previous Laureate information